T. Todd Egland joined Chmelik Sitkin & Davis this year with 13 years of litigation experience in federal and state courts. Todd has broad-based experience in complex business, employment, environmental, and bankruptcy matters. He has also helped businesses with environmental regulatory issues before state and federal agencies.
At Chmelik Sitkin & Davis, Todd’s practice includes general business litigation, bankruptcy and collections on behalf of creditors, and employment litigation and counseling for management.
Before his legal career, Todd spent five years as a technical designer for the Boeing Company in Everett, Washington, where he helped design the electrical system for the 747-400 passenger jet and was a member of the team responsible for designing the improved cockpit safety door for all models of Boeing commercial jets. Todd uses his engineering background to bring a practical and efficient approach to the matters he handles. Todd is a 2002 graduate of the University of Washington and a 2005 graduate of Washington & Lee University School of Law.
- University of Washington (B.A., Political Science, minor in Communications, 2002)
- Washington & Lee School of Law (J.D., 2005)
- Editor-in-Chief, Environmental Law News
- Associate Editor, Capital Defense Journal
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Washington State Bar Association (admitted 2015)
- California State Bar Association (admitted 2005)
- United States District Court – Western District of Washington, Northern, Central, Southern, and Eastern Districts of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Whatcom County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association, 2006-present
- Central California Bankruptcy Association, 2006-present
- Magistrate Judge Selection Committee, United States District Court for the Eastern District of California (2017)
- Greater Bakersfield Legal Assistance, Volunteer Attorney Program, 2006-present
- Board Member, 2012-2018
- Board Chair, 2016-2018
- Cub Scout Pack 400, Southern Sierra Council, 2014-2018
- Chartered Organization Representative and Parent Committee Chairman