Katherine Deets represents individuals, businesses and governments in a variety of business, real estate, and estate matters. Her business practice includes assisting clients with entity selection and formation, contract review, preparation of shareholder, partnership and limited liability company agreements, and all aspects of business transactions including licensing, financing, mergers, acquisitions and sales. Katherine’s business and estate clients range from local to state wide to international clients. She frequently presents on corporate matters, estate matters, and government compliance with our state’s open government laws.
Katherine’s estate planning and probate practice focuses on the preparation of wills, trusts and other essential estate planning documents. Katherine enjoys walking clients through the probate and trust administration process as well as assisting clients in gifting and charitable contributions.
Katherine is a 1999 graduate of Western Washington University and a 2003 graduate of Seattle University School of Law. She joined the firm in January of 2004 and became a principal in the spring of 2012. Katherine is a member of the Bellingham Rotary Club, the Northwest Washington Estate Planning Council and previously served as the Vice President for the Bellingham YWCA Board of Directors.
- Western Washington University (B.A., Psychology, 1999)
- Seattle University School of Law (J.D., 2003)
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Washington State Bar Association (admitted 2003)
- Whatcom County Bar Association
- Northwest Washington Estate Planning Council, Member
- Whatcom Hospice Foundation, Board of Directors
- Bellingham Rotary Club, Member
- Bellingham YWCA, Board of Directors 2011-2014