Matt Paxton’s practice focuses on civil litigation and advice, including on matters involving construction, employment, municipal, real estate, and insurance. He represents his clients in both state and federal courts, and speaks to industry leaders on topics such as Contracting on Public Projects and Insurance Coverage and Bonds.
Matt started his legal career at the Seattle construction law firm, Ahlers Cressman & Sleight, and he joined Chmelik Sitkin & Davis in July of 2018. He was born and raised in Skagit County.
- Western Washington University (B.A., cum laude, Philosophy and Communications with Honors, 2007)
- Seattle University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2013)
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Washington State Bar Association (admitted 2013)
- United States District Court — Western District of Washington
- United States District Court — Eastern District of Washington
- Whatcom County Bar Association
- Economic Development Alliance of Skagit County, Of Counsel
- Whatcom Dispute Resolution Center, Member of the Board of Directors