Sara’s practice focuses on representing individuals, businesses, and municipal governments throughout Washington State in matters involving the Model Toxics Control Act, Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, as well as other federal and state environmental laws. Sara’s interests in environmental law have also naturally progressed into water systems and water rights matters for individuals, municipal governments, and port districts.
As an active member of the firm’s Port practice group, Sara enjoys having a hand in many of Washington’s port district’s environmental stewardship efforts and economic successes. Sara has even had the pleasure of being invited to speak on environmental law matters for the Washington Public Ports Association and the Northwest Environmental Business Council.
Through Sara’s environmental and port district work, she has developed critical skills necessary for analyzing and triggering historical insurance coverage. Using these skills, Sara has aided many of the firm’s clients in insurance coverage disputes with their carriers.
Originally from rural Northeastern Washington, Sara moved to Bellingham to join the firm in 2020 after graduating from the University of Washington School of Law. Outside of the office you will likely catch Sara on a plane, in the mountains, at home making baked goods for the office, or adding another member to her continuously growing rescue animal family.
- Gonzaga University (B.A., cum laude, History and Classical Civilizations, minor in English Literature, 2014)
- University of Washington School of Law (J.D., 2020)
- Concentration in Environmental Law
- Pro Bono Honors Society
- Washington State Bar Association (admitted 2020)
- United States District Court—Western District of Washington (admitted 2021)
- Whatcom County Bar Association
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit (admitted 2022)