Chmelik Sitkin & Davis is committed to providing our clients with the highest levels of service. We care deeply about community, our clients and our staff. The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted not only our own team and clients, but also the global community at large.
We recognize that our clients, their employees and their families continue to have commitments and obligations. We are already addressing legal implications of COVID-19 for a number of our clients. This means we cannot simply shut down operations.
In the past year, we have enhanced our technological capability that will enable us to continue to provide the service you are accustomed to from Chmelik Sitkin & Davis. We have established a dedicated conference room to high definition digital video conferencing. We can attend meetings, public hearings, and commission sessions remotely through video conferencing. Recently, all of our records have been moved to a secure “cloud” server so our entire team can access documents remotely. This allows us and our team the flexibility to safely and efficiently address your needs now and in the future.
As we all continue to grapple with this escalating health crisis, we would like to update you on the procedures we have implemented to ensure the safety of our clients and staff. We are staying abreast of the most currently available information from our hospitals and governments.
These measures include:
- Increased Disinfesting Practices and Frequencies.
- Hand sanitizing upon entry.
- In addition to our regular cleaning practices, at the start and end of each day, each work area and common area, including interior/exterior doors, tables, chairs, etc. will receive a deep clean.
- At the end of every meeting held in a conference room or office, that space will receive a deep clean.
- Glassware and plates are cleaned in high-temperature, sanitizing dishwashers.
- We have placed our legal support staff on a rotating in-office work-from-home protocol. This helps our employees maintain “social distancing.”
- Attorneys have been instructed to limit in-person meetings to only those that are essential.
- Attorneys have been instructed to travel for work only if it is essential.
- We have procured additional technology for our employees to work remotely and continue to do their jobs.
- Staff Support.
- Those not in the office and unable to work will not be required to take Personal Time Off (PTO).
- If a staff member exhibits the signs of COVID-19, they are instructed to seek medical attention and go home until further notice. Those employees at home under the firm’s direction will be granted additional PTO.
- In Office Meetings.
- In office meetings have been reduced to only those necessary.
- The 8am – 10am time period has been reserved for individuals with a higher risk of exposure to COVID-19, such as individuals over 60 years of age or with compromised immune systems. This is the time period that the office and conference rooms will have the least interaction after deep cleaning.
We will monitor the situation closely and make any necessary adjustments to this plan as things evolve, to ensure the safety of our team, our clients, and our communities.
Finally, we recognize that this health crisis can cause a significant impact to our local businesses, as well as their employees and families. Now more than ever, we urge you to shop local. This weekend, our attorneys went out into their communities to personally purchase gift cards and take-out meals from local businesses and restaurants. To the extent you can, we encourage you to support your local businesses and the families that they support. Buy gift cards from local businesses, be generous with your tips, shop online, or purchase a restaurant meal to-go.
We appreciate the opportunity to serve you as our team navigates what is truly new ground for all of us. Please continue to stay safe and healthy.
As many grandparents say…this too shall pass.
Your team at Chmelik Sitkin & Davis.